MACP Clarification on Counting of Pre-Appointment Training – DoP Orders
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg
New Delhi — 110001
Date : 02.07.2018
All Heads of Circles.
Sub : Modified Assured Carrier Progression Scheme (MACPS) to Central Government employees w.e.f. 01.09.2008 — clarification on counting of pre-appointment training w.r.t. Para 9 of MACPS guidelines — regarding.
The MACP Scheme promulgated by DoP&T vide OM No. 35034/3/2008-Estt. (D) dated 19.05.2009 was circulated in the Department vide OM No. 4-7/(MACPS)/2009-PCC dated 18.09.2009. Directorate has been receiving numerous references from service unions/ federations and Circles to clarify as to whether the pre-appointment training period will be counted for the purpose of MACPS or not with reference to Para 9 of the Scheme.
2. The matter was taken up with the nodal Department i.e. DoP&T for clarification. The DoP&T has clarified vide Dy. No. 1312914/18/CR dated 5.6.2018 as under :-
“as per provisions of MACP Scheme as contained in Para 9 of Annexure —1 of MACP Scheme dated 19th May 2009, pre-appointment training before regular appointment is not counted for the purpose of MACP Scheme. “
3. All concerned may take action accordingly.
Asstt. Director General (GDS/PCC)
- Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme for the Central Government Civilian Employees – Clarification regarding
- Grant of MACP/ACP benefit to SAS qualified officers appointed to the post of Section Officer/Assistant Accounts Officer
- DoP Clarification on MACP Benchmark
- Clarification regarding benchmark for MACP after 25.07.2016
- Counting of former AF Service (Army/Navy/AF) towards Civil Services – PCDA Clarification Orders issued on 16.6.2017