Children Education Allowance and Hostel Subsidy to Railway Employees – Orders issued
Government of India
Ministry of Railways
New Delhi, dated 13.08.2018
The General Managers(P)
All Zonal Railways & Production Units
Sub: Recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission (7th CPC) – Implementation of decisions relating to the grant of Children Education Allowance (CEA) and Hostel Subsidy – Consolidated Instructions
Please refer to Board’s letter of even number dated 12.10.2017 (RBE No.147/2017) followed by subsequent clarifications thereon regarding grant of CEA and Hostel Subsidy to Government employees on the recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission.
Now, the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions (Department of Personnel & Training), vide their OM No.A-27012/02/2017-Estt.(AL) dated 16/17.07.2018 (Copy enclosed) has issued consolidated instructions in supersession of all the earlier instructions on the subject of CEA and Hostel Subsidy to Government Servants. These instructions shall apply mutatis-mutandis to Railway Employees with effect from 1.7.2017.
These instructions on CEA and Hostel Subsidy are in supersession of all previous ordrs issued by the Ministry of Railways on the subject.
Please acknowledge receipt.
- Grant of Children Education Allowance and Hostel Subsidy to Railway Employees
- Clarification on increase in certain allowances 25% as a result of enhancement of Dearness Allowance w.e.f 01-01-2011
- 7th CPC Children Education Allowance – Orders issued by DoPT on 16.8.2017
- Need Uniform Format to Claim Children Education Allowance – NFIR
- Need relaxation for third child for Children Education Allowance – NFIR