Filling up of vacancies on the Railways
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
No. E(NG)II / 2018/RR-1/22
New Delhi, dated 20/08/2018
The General Manager(p),
All Zonal Railways/ Production Units,
(As per standard mailing list).
Sub: Filling up of vacancies on the Railways.
Attention is invited to instructions contained in Board’s letter No.E(NG)II/2007/RR-1/10/Pt.(110865) dated 25/06/2014 specifying the carious factors which must be taken into account while computing vacancies for placing indents. It was inter alia mentioned therin that staff likely to go on transfer to other Railways/Divisions in a particular calendar year must also be accounted for in the pool of vacancies while placing indents with the Recruiting Agencies.
It has been observed that large number of applications for Inter Railway transfers are pending on Railways. Such transferred have a direct bearing on railway working, especially in terms of manpower because of huge gap between outflow and inflow of staff.
It is, therefore, reiterated that while placing indents for fresh recruitment notifications in future the computation done duly of vacancies must be done duly taking.into account all the pending requests of Inter-Railway transfers. For this purpose, requests forwarded to the recipient Railway/Division as on the cut off date of assessment of vacancies should be regarded as pending requests. Action may be taken accordingly henceforth.
Please acknowledge receipt.
- Procedure for recruitment of staff in Pay Band-I of Rs. 5200-20200 (Grade Pay: Rs. 1800) on Indian Railways regarding
- Implementation of Recommendations of 6th CPC-Merger of grades- Revised Classification and mode of filling up of non-gazetted posts-Scheme for filling up of vacancies after 31.12.2015
- Induction of Course Completed Act Apprentices in the Railways against safety category vacancies in GP 1800 (PB-I)
- Filling up 50% of DR Quota vacancies through GDCE – Eligibility to staff in same Grade Pay/Pay Scale-reg.
- Benefits duly reckoning 55% to 7th CPC Pay Matrix to Running Staff – NFIR