Hand Book for Inquiry Officers and Disciplinary Authorities
HAND BOOK FOR INQUIRY OFFICERS & DISCIPLINARY AUTHORITIES
CONTEXT AND OVERVIEW
ROLE OF DISCIPLINARY AUTHORITIES
1. Who is Disciplinary Authority?
The term Disciplinary Authorities refers to such authorities who have been entrusted with powers to impose any penalty on the employees. In respect of the organizations falling under the purview of CCS (CCA) Rules 1965, the term Disciplinary Authority is defined in Rule 2 (g) of the CCA Rules as the authority competent to impose on a government servant any of the penalties specified in Rule 11. In this Handbook, CCS (CCA) Rules 1965 is henceforth referred to as “the Rules” Disciplinary authority is defined with reference to the post held by the employee. Various Disciplinary authorities are specified in Rule 12 of the Rules. Thus there may be more than one disciplinary authority in every organization.
- Communicating tentative reasons for disagreement under rule 15(2) of the CCS (CCA) Rules, 1965
- Procedure for dealing with cases of disagreement between Disciplinary Authority and CVC – DOPT
- Procedure for empanelment and appointment of retired officers as the Inquiry Officers for conducting Departmental Inquiries
- Procedure for empanelment of retired officers as the Inquiry Officers for conducting Departmental Inquiries
- Procedure for empanelment of retired officers as the Inquiry Officers for conducting Departmental Inquiries – DoPT Orders on 7.1.2016