7th CPC Condiment Allowance
Condiment Allowance – Condiment Expenditure
“7th CPC’s after abolition of Condiment Allowance, Condiment Expenditure entitled to Defence Service personnel is hereby enhanced to ₹119.26 per month/man with effect from 01.07.2017”
In 7th CPC Report – Page No.340
“Condiment Allowance is paid to those non-gazetted personnel of Defence forces and CAPFs who dine in the mess, at the rate of ₹89.78 pm. No demands have been received regarding this allowance”.
Analysis and Recommendations
Condiment Allowance is not an allowance in the true sense of the term, i.e., it is not paid to an individual, but to the Unit for collective purchase of condiments. As such, it is proposed to abolish this allowance, and the expenditure on condiments may be termed as Condiment expenditure and should be shown as such under the relevant budget head.
- 7th CPC Construction Projects – Grant of Project Allowance
- 7th CPC DA Order – Finmin issued DA Orders effective from 1.7.2016
- FINMIN ORDER :DEARNESS ALLOWANCE (DA) ORDER FOR CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES- W.E.F. 01.01.2017
- DoE Orders on DA – 9% Effective from 1.7.2018 to all CG Employees
- 5% DA from July 2017 – Finance Ministry Orders dt. 20.9.2017