Treatment of Patient (Railway Medical Beneficiary) to other Railway Hospital with or without Referral
Debit and Credit note for treatment of patient (Railway Medical Beneficiary) to other Railway Hospital with or without referral – Simplification of Process
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, dated: 30.08.2018
The General Manager,
All Indian Railways/PUs, NF(Con), CORE
The DG/RDSO/Lucknow, DG/NAIR/Vadodara
CAOs, DMW/Patiala, WPO/Patna, COFMO/NDLS, RWP/Bela, CAO/IROAF
Sub: Debit and Credit note for treatment of of patient (Railway Medical Beneficiary) to other Railway Hospital with or without referral – Simplification of Process.
It has been reported that the treatment of patient (Railway Medical Beneficiary) has been delayed because of the demand of debit note by Railway hospital where patient has been referred or reported, from the Railway/Unit/Hospital to which the patient belongs. In order to facilitate easy treatment of Railway Medical Beneficiaries, Board (MS, FC & CRB) have approved the following:
1. Referral Case: A Railway Hospital referring the patient (Railway Medical Beneficiaries) to other Zonal Hospital will include a note in its referral from/letter that it will accept debit raised on the treatment of the patient at Railway Hospital and/or further onward referral of the patient to empanelled hospitals and/or to non empanelled hospitals by making advance payment. All the necessary sanctions, if required, will be taken at the referred Railway itself.
2. Reported without Referral: In case patient (Railway Medical Beneficiary) has reported to the hospital of other Railway/unit without referral – treatment will be provided by the hospital – in house and/or referral to empanelled hospital and/or empanelled hospital as advance payment case, as the need be after ascertaining the valid identity of patient (Railway Medical Beneficiary) thru Medical ID Card/ ID Card/ Pass/ PTO etc. All the necessary sanctions, if required, will be taken at reported Railway itself.
Meanwhile the reported Railway/Unit/Hospital will inform the concerned Railway/Hospital/Unit to which the patient originally belongs.
3. The patient (Railway Medical beneficiary) will be given the treatment as per the medical condition by the referred or reported Hospital and after treatment is over, then the debit will be raised on the concerned Zonal Railway/Unit/Hospital to which the patient originally belongs.
This issues with the concurrence of Associate Finance of Transformation Cell of Railway Board.
Kindly acknowledge the receipt and ensure compliance.
New Delhi, dated: 30.08.2018
- Guidelines on referral system in CGHS – Referral Mechanism by CGHS
- Change in Referral System – ECHS follow CGHS Norms
- Ex-Servicemen Welfare – ECHS – Important DO’s & Don’ts
- Treatment of Railway medical beneficiaries at Tata Memorial Centre Mumbai
- CGHS Orders : Procedure for Referral to Recognized hospitals – No. S-11011/6/96-CGHS (P) dated 11/7/1997