Official dealings between the Administration and Members of Parliament and State legislatures – Observance of proper procedure
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi
Dated 11 October, 2018
Subject: Official dealings between the Administration and Members of Parliament and State legislatures – Observance of proper procedure.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s Office Memorandum No. 11013/4/2011-Estt.(A) dated 1st December 2011 subsequently reiterated vide D.O. letter dated the October 9, 2012 from Secretary (Personnel), O.M. No. 11013/2/2012-Estt.A dated 19.11.2014 and O.M. of even No. dated 7.02.2018 (copies enclosed) on the subject mentioned above and to reiterate these instructions for strict compliance on the recommendations of the Committee of Privileges, Lok Sabha in its Sixth Report tabled in the Lok Sahha on 20.12.201 7 and Committee on Violation of
Protocol Norms and Contemptuous Behaviour of Government Officers with Members of Lok sabha in its Fourth and Fifth Report tabled in the Lok Sabha on 01.08.2018.
2. All Ministries/ Departments are requested to ensure that instructions issued through aforementioned communications are followed by all officials concerned, both in letter and spirit. Violation of these guidelines will be viewed seriously.
3. Chief Secretaries of all States/ UTs are requested circulate these instructions to all State Government officials at the State/ Division and District levels and sensitize them with regard to their duties and obligations in so far as the movement of Members of Parliament in general and more particularly during Parliament sessions. It is also requested to periodically review implementation of these instructions.
4. Hindi version will follow
Under Secretary to the Government of India
- Members of Parliament can refer 10 cases for admission under Special Dispensation Scheme
- Violation of DoPT guidelines : Central Secretariat Manual of Office Procedure (CSMOP)
- Dharna Notice for 19.9.2017 and 17.10.2017 – Instructions under CCS (Conduct Rules), 1964 – Dopt
- Age Relaxation for employment in Govt Service
- All India Protest Day – Violation of Rule 7 CCS (Conduct) Rules – DoPT