7th CPC Allowances: Abolition of Rent Free Accommodation Allowance
Abolition of Rent Free Accommodation Allowance- Recommendation of 7th CPC
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan,Sansad Marg
All Heads of Circle,
Sub: Abolition of Rent Free Accommodation Allowance- Recommendation of 7th CPC.
I am directed to refer to Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs Directorate of Estates,OM.No.18018/1/2017-Pol.III dated 17th August 2017 on the subject cited above.It is to inform that the OM dated 17th August 2017 shall apply to all rent free accommodation allotted to Government employees under General Pool Residential Accommodation. SPMs and PMs are not provided rent free accommodation under General Pool Residential accommodation but under the post attached quarters system.As such the OM dated 17th August 2017 of Ministry Of Housing & Urban Affairs,Directorate of Estates, is not applicable to post attached quarters in the postal Department.
This issues with the approval of the Competent Authority.
Assistant Director General (Esst)
- Revision of Guidelines for Allotment of Government Accommodation from General Pool to the Political Parties
- Regularisation of Allotment on Re-Transfer to the Last Place of Posting
- Revision of flat rate of licence fee for General Pool Residential Accommodation (GPRA)
- Action against subletting of Residential Accommodation and misuse of Garage by the allottees – Directorate of Estates Orders
- Withdrawal of guidelines related to sharing and close relations: Directorate of Estates Orders