FAQ for Central Civil Services – Absorption
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
(Central Civil Services)
(3.1) Has the Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare extended the benefit of Orders dated 01.09.2016 of Hon’ble Supreme Court in Civil Appeal No. 6048/2010 and Civil Appeal No. 6371/2010 to all similarly placed absorbee pensioners?
Orders have been issued vide OM No. 4/34/2002-P&PW(D) dated 23.06.2017 and 21.07.2017 for extending the benefit of order dated 02.08.2007 of the Hon’ble Madras High Court and the Order dated 01.09.2016 of the Hon’ble Supreme Court to all similarly placed absorbee pensioners. Accordingly, all such absorbee pensioners who had taken 100% lump-sum amount in lieu of pension on absorption in PSUs/ Autonomous Bodies in accordance with the then existing Rule 37-A and in whose case 1/3 pension had been restored after 15 years, are now allowed restoration of full pension after expiry of commutation period of 25 years from the date of payment of 100% lump-sum amount.
The absorbee pensioners whose full pension is restored in terms of the above instructions would also be entitled to revision of their pension in accordance with the instructions issued from time to time in implementation of the recommendations of the Pay Commissions, including the 7th Central Pay Commission.
- Restoration of Full Pension of Absorbee Pensioners – Pensioners Portal Orders on 23.6.2017
- Restoration of 1/3rd commuted portion of pension in respect of Government servants who had drawn lumpsum payment – DPPW orders
- Restoration of 1/3rd commuted portion of pension
- Restoration of full pension of absorbee pensioners – Corrigendum
- Restoration of pension to Defence Service Personnel – DESW Orders dt.20.6.2018