Purchase of Laptops for Eligible Officers – Dopt Orders 22.10.2018
Instructions for the purchase of laptops/notebooks and similar devices for eligible officers – Clarification regarding admissibility of Taxes/GST on the price ceiling
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
North Block, New Delhi
Dated: 22nd October, 2018
Subject: Instructions for the purchase of laptops/notebooks and similar devices for eligible officers – Clarification regarding admissibility of Taxes/GST on the price ceiling.
The undersigned is directed to inform that references have been received in this Department seeking clarification regarding admissibility of Taxes/GST on the prescribed price ceiling of Rs. 80,000 as mentioned in Para 2(i) this Department’s O.M. No 08(34)/2017-E.II(A) dated 20th February, 2018 on the above subject.
2. The matter has been considered in this Department. Since taxes are statutory in nature and are bound to change from time to time, it is clarified that the price ceiling of Rs. 80,000/- for the purchase of laptops/ notebooks and similar devices for eligible officers under the provisions of this Ministry’s OM dtd. 20th February 2018 is exclusive of taxes.
3.This is issued with the approval of Secretary (Expenditure).
- provision of computers at residence of eligible officers
- Purchase of Laptops/Notebooks for Eligible Officers – DoE Orders
- Clarification on Purchase of Air ticket – DoE Orders dt.27.2.2018
- Clarification on admissibility of Transport Allowance in the eases where the officers are drawing Grade Pay of Rs.10,000/- in PB-4
- 7th CPC TA Rules: Reimbursement of Accommodation Charges for Stay in Hotels