DoPT Orders 2018
Standard Forms under Rule 18 of the CCS (Conduct) Rules 1964
Rule 18 of the CCS (Conduct) Rules, 1964- regarding standard forms for intimation/ permission under the rules and expenditure incurred on
repairs or minor construction work in respect of immovable property
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pension
Department of Personnel & Training
Establishment A-Ill Desk
North Block, New Delhi – 110001
Dated 17 December, 2018
Subject: Rule 18 of the CCS (Conduct) Rules, 1964- regarding standard forms for intimation/ permission under the rules and expenditure incurred on repairs or minor construction work in respect of immovable property – regarding.
The undersigned is directed to say that in accordance with the provisions of subrule (2) of the Rule 18 of the CCS (Conduct) Rules, 1964, all Government servants coming within the purview of these Rules are required to make a report to the prescribed authority before entering into any transaction of immovable property in their own name or in the name of a member of family. If the transaction is with a person having any official dealings with the Government servant, the Govt. servant is required to obtain prior sanction of the prescribed authority. Sub-rule (3), ibid provides that all Govt. servants should give an intimation to the prescribed authority within one month of entering into any transaction of movable property, the value of which exceeds the monetary limits prescribed in that Rule. In case any such transaction is with a person having official dealing with the Government servant, prior sanction of the prescribed authority is necessary. All requests for obtaining prior sanction and making intimation about transactions in immovable and movable property may be made in the enclosed standard Form I and Form II, respectively.
2. Further, this Department’s O.M. No. 11013/9/89-Estt.(A) dated 27/11/1990 provides, inter-alia, that where the expenditure incurred on repairs or minor constructions work in respect of any immovable property belonging to a Government servant is estimated to exceed Rs. 10,000/-, intimation to the prescribed authority was necessary.
These instructions have been reviewed and in supersession of the said O.M., it has now been decided that in respect of the expenditure incurred on repairs and minor additions to an immovable property by a Government servant, an intimation shall be necessary to be given to the prescribed authority only if the estimate exceeds the limit prescribed in Rule 18(3) of CCS (Conduct) Rules, 1964. However, prior sanction of the prescribed authority should be obtained in all cases regardless of amount involved, where the transaction regarding the material purchases or contract for such repairs or minor construction, is with a person with whom the Government servant concerned has official dealings.
3. All Ministries/ Departments/Offices are requested to bring the above guidelines to the notice of all administrative authority under their control.
4. In so far as the employees of Indian Audit and Accounts Departments are concerned, this O.M. issues after consultation with Comptroller & Auditor General of India.
5. Hindi version will follow.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
- Submission of Declaration of Immovable Property Returns by the Government servants
- Government servant to submit a statement of movable or immovable property – Dopt Orders on 5.1.2016
- Central Civil Services (Conduct) Amendment Rules, 2011
- Limit of Transactions in shares, securities, debentures or mutual funds scheme for CG Officers
- Submission of immovable Property Returns by officers of Group A Central Services for the year 2010